Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How do you find one's self?

So how do you find yourself? I am not lost because I know where I am. But I just don't know where I want to go. We remember when we were young we all wanted to be a Police officer or a Firefighter. I have an idea of things I want to be but just don't know if I could fit in.

Some of the things that I would like to be.
  • Translator of ASL, French, and maybe Spanish.
  • Computer Network Tech (IT)
  • Laying cableing for Networks.
  • Educator, (teacher type person)

I have been thinking of what I wanted to be lately as right now I feel like I am in a rut. I love my job don't get me wrong, but sometimes I come home saying I wish I could do more. My passion lives with people and communication. I love people, to study them, to work with them, and just understand them. I just don't know where I am going. I feel like I am lost. Uurson says that it is normal to lose onself at my age. But really I don't like feeling lost. I don't like not knowing where I want to go.

Another part of me wants to be a perfectionist. That part of me is very disconcerning as my life is not perfect which I have just accepted as a fact. I just hope soon enough I can find myself. I just need to keep reminding myself that something will come up and say.. Pick me. I am what you want to do. Well I off till another day.

>^.^<

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

I dont know if I have any tips on "finding yourself" as I have decided to just accept my life as is. I am happy, loved and enjoying every day so to be honest that is enough for me. Im a wife, mother, daughter, and friend just to name a few. I am okay with who I am and where I am. I dont think trying to be someone else is me or something else for that matter. I hope you find what you are looking for and become what makes you happy.

Anonymous said...

Hey kitty,I know what you mean. I am living your situation right now. I know who i was and i know what i am right now but i have no clue of what i want to be in the future, and i need to know so that i make sure i am taking the right path. You have written this note almost a year ago, i hope by now you have found yourself. I on the other hand am still looking for the real me. I am like you, i like to do many things and am not satisfied with only one and this confuses me even more. If you have found the answer to your true you please share with me the key to achieve it... Please...