Monday, February 25, 2008

Car Trouble

In our household we have 4 cars to speak of, a pick up truck that is Zack's, an 86 Toyota Camry, a 95 Suzuki Sidekick and an 01 Toyota Echo. Now of those 4 cars, 2 of which actually run. The pick up truck and the Echo.

Now we know what is wrong with the Sidekick, and well the Camry that is kind of known. Both cars have been out of commission for almost a year now. The reason they were not attended to before is because we are your typical american family. We live paycheck to paycheck. I hate living like this, but during this time we had no money to spare. Myself and my husband were getting married at this time.

Well we got our tax return, (my tax return) and we spent it fixing our cars. We are planning on moving here soon and we are needing to downsize everything. I hate hauling and waiting for the last minute. So last weekend we started our quest to get the car fixed. The Sidekick was an easy fix, sorta. It was the starter about a 100$ fix. We got the starter and attempted to start the car. It didn't start. So we tried to charge the battery. But the battery was dead. It didn't want to start. So we bought a new battery. $70 fix. It started like a charm. I was thrilled. Especially since this car is my first car ever. I still need to get a day pass as the tabs expired, take it to emissions and get the tabs. Then after that I need to get the Intrument cluster. The price tag on that.... Unknown yet.

The camry on the other hand, it needed a new timing belt. So a friend bought it for us. (we have great friends) We then took the car apart to get it going then... we didn't have the right tool for the job. We had to go on the great hunt for the correct tool. Then finally after months, and months of searching and having the funds to get it together, we just bought the tool. It was a whole $17 after taxes. Now we have everything put together we tried to start it sat. It did not want to start, the battery was dead. This time it just needed to be charged. But it still won't turn over. So our friend is going to come over and fix the blessed thing.

Now in my case, I could care less if the Camry gets fixed or not, but LJ wants it fixed. She takes the bus like I do, but she is going to be working graveyard and would like some wheels. I don't blame her but the Camry has been stolen not once but 3 Times. It's electrical system isn't stable, and it is just not worth it. I want to call a junk yard to pick it up so that it can be toast. But I have to try to fix it as LJ thinks she wants it. She even says she will buy it from us. I perk my ears when I hear money in the situation. Especially since she doesn't even pay us rent right now.

My other car runs well and since Zack's car doesn't really count, we won't mention it much. Here is another day in the life of Kitty. We just say...Take it one day at a time.
>^.^<

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

Okay girl thats way to much vehicle and car drama for me. Best of luck with the camery and good to hear you now have...um 3 running vehicles? Yeah I think thats right although its early and Im a bit confused to be honest.

Kitty said...

I have two working cars and one kinda put together again just not started. :)