Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back to School.... Maybe

So, I have been talking about being a Baker for years now, and have been thinking about opening my own business within 5 years. But upon looking at the jobs out there they want you to have some experience before I went into the field. So let me step back a second.

I had my annual review today. I hate annual reviews, I get this sick feeling inside and doubts that I did a good job. I could always do better,well I was wrong. I had this kick review saying that I had performed above and beyond the expectations. That I was a valued employee. ME?? Seriously??? Okay I can take that.

During this review I was asked about my future plans in the company. Where did I want to go? I was like.. "Really... Nowhere." This company that I work for does not really do what I can do. They do Tech support, and I am good at being someone's personal assistant more than really being a Supervisor, or IT.

I told her that "I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grow up". Mind you she knows that I wanted to be a baker. That is pretty much all that I talk about now and days. How much I love to bake, and make things that are healthy. She said that I should look at going back to school. This is a great time to do so... because it is a bad time to look for work.

She suggested a local college in the Kirkland area that has a Baking degree. An Associates in Baking. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?! Yup, about 8,000 for the entire degree. I could not believe it. So I am having the information sent and said that I would love to start in the Winter.

Maybe I will start school.. in the Winter, maybe not.. only time will tell.

1 comment:

3HappyHippies said...

you will go to school and work full time? Thats quite the task. Best of luck!