Thursday, July 2, 2009

Viva Las Vegas Wednesday

Last week we went to Vegas. We had a great time and did very little exploring outside of Bally's and Paris. I decided to do a project where I bring Hello Kitty with me. We got up oh blessed early and flew in on Thursday. It was a beautiful flight and we had a great view.


Hello kitty looking out the window looking at the new scenery.

Once we landed it was warm and kind of muggy... but we survived the navigating around the airport. We learned that once we were there that we had a choice that we could use the shuttle or take a cab. I have never been in a cab before and we were not sure how cheap it would be. We decided to just go for it. (Traveler's tip: When taking a cab to the strip, tell the driver to take surface streets. Not only will it be cheaper you can also see the sights around the strip.)

Once we got to Bally's we stood in line and waited for our hotel room. The people there were very friendly. They even posed for Hello Kitty.



Once we got checked in we went to our room. It was HUGE!!!! We had a lot of space to run around in. We even had a mini fridge. It was a great place to meet my good friend that I had not seen in years. That was the plan for Thursday. Meet up with my good friend Steph and her family.
I had not seen her in over 8 years or so. It has been forever. I gave her a ring and we decided to meet up at the hotel and just chill and chat.

We did alot of exploring around the Paris hotel. I think out of the entire experience I loved the sky. It was just beautiful.

We also walked by Napoleon's a resturant in Paris. It looked beautiful, and the sign on the door was just soo cool.


We said our good byes to Steph and her family, and find our first two official con people.You know when a convention starts when you see Kerran and an Iksar.



After dinner at the Le Cafe, (I do not recommend this place as they took forever and I had to ask twice for water.) We went back to our room only to find out the AC was not working properly. So we called the front desk and had to get them to come look at it. Come to find out we had to be "Upgraded" which would have been great but... well the "upgrade" seemed more to be a down grade. We didn't have a lot of room like the last room but hey we at least had a place to lay our head at the end of the night.

No comments: